About Starfinder Foundation
We believe that soccer is the answer.
We believe that youth development has the power to transform.
Not just our youth, not just our communities, but our society as a whole.
At Starfinder, we are actively refuting the idea that Philadelphia’s underserved youth need to stay underserved. That girls and immigrant youth don’t deserve the same respect and celebration as others. That only the kids with the most resources can be successful on and off the pitch. That graduation and college is attainable to some, but not to all.
Our organization is using soccer to transform Philadelphia. To inspire real social change.
This kind of change doesn’t come easily. Success on the pitch requires hard work, good coaching, persistence and determination. Success in life requires the same.
That’s why we don’t just help kids on the soccer field – we help them develop off the field, too. It’s why we provide educational resources, emotional support and leadership training. It’s why we cultivate a supportive, tight-knit community that pushes each of our kids forward, together, every single day.
The success of our model is proven. Not just by our 100% high school graduation rate, or 92% college enrollment rate, but by the pride, the poise, the confidence and the happiness of each of our kids.
Every day, stars are born in our programs – stars that may not have been born otherwise.
Every year, those stars are launched into adult society as engaged, responsible leaders who will positively impact the thousands of lives they will touch over a lifetime.
That’s how we inspire real social change: one kid at a time.
Starfinder. Soccer for Social Change.
- All kids deserve to learn, grow, and thrive. Every young person deserves the support systems and access to opportunity that will help them achieve their full potential, regardless of their race, religion, gender, economic background, sexual orientation, immigration status, or other individual differences.
- A strong community is our greatest asset. A sense of belonging is a powerful thing. Strong relationships and deep connections are the foundation upon which positive identity and purpose are built. We engage youth in creating an intentional culture that invites, challenges, and supports them to be their best selves.
- Young people have a great deal to contribute. We value young people’s life experiences, talents, and abilities. By identifying, amplifying, and activating their strengths, we help youth become the next generation of leaders.
- Soccer is a powerful vehicle for youth development. Its global popularity engages young people from all backgrounds. The valuable skills learned in “The Beautiful Game” – such as hard work, discipline, and teamwork – become assets for life beyond the game.
- Play makes life better. Play helps us connect with each other, be more present, be more creative, and relieve stress. Fun is a great motivator and confidence builder. Through play, we build stronger relationships and improve our quality of life.
Want to work for a great organization that's changing the game for Philly youth? Join our team!